[AT] OT - Refurbished computers

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Sun Jan 1 09:02:34 PST 2017

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Ralph Goff wrote:

> I do everything on this Asus laptop that is just 6 years old. I don't
> have a smart phone yet but am going to
> be forced into it by July as Sasktel drops support for the old flip
> phone I have been using for 9 years. I never
> cared for the idea of viewing everything on those little I phone screens
> but people seem to to do it.
> I did recently buy a Samsung tablet with a pretty big screen, about half
> the size of the laptop. I think I could
> live with that but so far I have no internet connection for it. I mainly
> bought the tablet to use with the drone.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

All you need is a wireless router and it would talk to your tablet.

I have a Galaxy S II that I got used on Ebay for less than $50. It does
everything my laptop does and more. It nust have come from your neck of
the woods because the WiFi is programed for SaskTel.
  I also have a Kyocera Hydro that I got on Ebay brand new for about the
same price, it has a smaller screen but I like it better.

I have neither one set up as a phone, I run them off WiFi.

Once you get the hang of that drone you might find a smartphone handier
than a tablet for working outside, you can put it in your pocket.

Tom