[AT] Potebtial tractors for the East Bend, NC area

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Feb 24 20:48:14 PST 2017

Al:

I think you are on target with that.  I would also mention that cabs are
a must now for the "newer"farmers.  They live in air conditioned houses,
drive air conditioned cars and trucks, and the tractor is just an
extension of that.  I personally do not use a tractor without a cab
anymore.   I have a few, they need some repairs and I need to sell
them.  I would like to get one of them running with a loader so I can
scrap out a lot of old iron that needs it.  Getting out of a tractor
with a cab is still not the easiest thing for me to do.  Also when you
do not have a cab, the controls on the loader are lower and can be
reached easily when you need to raise something by yourself.

The newer ones are also diesel, and you do not have to know how to use a
choke on a gasoline engine or how to prime a propane one.  The unleaded
water/alcohol  infused gasoline has caused many problems with the older
tractors.  If they would ever make an affordable aftermarket fuel
injection system for the old tractors, I think you could maybe resurrect
the market...  It is difficult for me to think these old tractors are
like the dinosaurs, but it appears that they are at the end of their
life span.  If money was not so easy for them to get, the old tractors
might be worth something.  I know I surely cannot afford a newer one,
and I really need a dependable 130-150 hp tractor...

Cecil inOKla