[AT] On the shoulders of giants

Phil Auten pga2 at basicisp.net
Sun Feb 12 16:25:23 PST 2017

I can sympathize with the comment about family farms getting cut up for
subdivisions.

I went to visit my dad's family farm in Davison, Mi. in 1964. One of my
uncles was still

farming then, using a pretty large John Deere (don't know the model, but
it had a hand

clutch) raising wheat and other crops. Dad and I helped harvest the
winter wheat and

I really enjoyed driving that JD. :o)

My late wife and I went back to visit in '99 and only the house and yard
were left. The

rest of the land was a subdivision. The "Centennial Farm" sign was still
in the yard

though.That was the only good thing about the visit, as nobody was home
when we

stopped by.

Phil in Tx.