[AT] Adding electric starter

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 9 14:26:36 PST 2017

Electric start on a Gravely is the ONLY way to go!

I've seen photos of a few starter add-ons to old tractors. Most look
like they were done in a farm shop with minimal equipment. Its one of
those things where necessity was probably the mother of invention. Never
seen one using the rear PTO, think I have seen it done on the belt
pulley before.
FWIW we have cranked several old tractors by using the belt pulley and a
short belt hooked to dad's DC Case. The hand clutch on the DC makes
things a little easier. When both tractors are running, you can also
slow the engine down on the DC to put a load on the other one.

John Hall