[AT] Old tractors and old men

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:35:19 PST 2017

Herb and Grant,

I agree with both of you whole heartedly and in fact the two of you
have been inspirational to me.   Particularly Herb because we have
met and I know that you are older than me and have more health problems
too.  I seriously thought about trying to do something with the farm this
year
but I was in the middle of getting checked out by doctors and it was time to
make a decision.  I couldn't leave the farm untended for another year
without
loosing my agricultural exemption for property taxes and also my sister is
my
equal partner in the land and I have to keep her happy as well.  So, I went
ahead
and leased the farm.  It's a year to year lease but I hate to snatch it away
from the
guy until he's he's had a few years to recover his initial investment in
cleaning the
place up after the former tenant, who was going broke, allowed it to go
down.
I'm thinking what I might do is start out small this year or next by plowing
up some
land that is now unused pasture that I have to keep mowed.  Then if it works
out
I can start to reclaim part of the farmland a few acres at a time while he
tends the
rest.  We'll see.  My main problem is that I lack the motivation.  I don't
know exactly
why but lately I can't get motivated to do even the simplest tasks.   I
don't know if it
is the result of some depression or perhaps mild post traumatic stress from
dealing
with my moms failing health or what but I have to figure out how to fight my
way through
it.

Stay tuned.

Charlie