[AT] Electric welding helmet

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Feb 4 07:10:35 PST 2017

If you do a lot of grinding and welding like I do, a helmet with an
external adjustment knob that will go to a 4 or less shade or one that
has a grind setting is really handy.  I have a high quality auto
darkening helmet that was bought on a trades school contract to get the
quantity price.   It has a grind setting, and a plasma setting.
However, I have to take the helmet off to set the switch on the inside
of the shade module.  I work with a welder, plasma, torch, and
grinder.   I have to take my gloves off each time to change the settings
on the helmet.  A plasma cutter needs a minimum 4 shade to protect your
eyes.  Since I got a plasma that will cut up to 1-1/8 steel, the 4 shade
lens is eally necessary.  I used shaded safety glasses with my
5/8"machine, but with the heavier duty one, the arc is brighter and my
eyes hurt when using the shaded glasses.

Cecil in OKla