[AT] Hydraulic hose crimpers

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Feb 23 20:54:14 PST 2017

Dennis:

Discount hyd hose has a crimp specification for their fittings for R1 &
R2 hose.  Teh problem with the Bite to wire series is when you crimp it
with the older crimpers, the fitting has to set farther down in the
crimper to keep from breaking the collar next to the hex fitting.  This
creates a dent into the hose cover and after a little flexing, it cuts
into the cover and starts the wire rusting.   I have about 2000 ft of
1/2 and 3/4 R2 hose here, that is about 12yrs old now..   The Eastman
style fittings leave a protective flared collar at the end of the
fitting where it meets the hose.  The Eastman fittings are about 1/2
longer than the Bite to Wire.

Cecil in OKla