[AT] slightly off topic, computer related

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Wed Feb 15 14:35:48 PST 2017

If you are going to use flash drives for backup, I would "strongly"
recommend using more than 1.

In the past I have had flash drives fail from static electricity.

Regardless of your backup method, use at least 2 (or more) drives in
rotation.  When one does fail, the data loss is less (painful).

At work I have a backup server that goes out every 4 hour using
rsnapshot and backs up user data on the system.

Once a week (weekend) I do a file copy of all user data on the server to
an external HD and once done, take it off line and store it.  Have about
10 drives in the rotation at the moment, and really need to add more.

Hope this helps,
Howard