[AT] Stuff...

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:08:17 PST 2017

About 40 degrees at the moment here. Going to be a little colder tomorrow
then warm back up, maybe 60 Saturday.
I just got in from a late lunch and ready to head to the farm shop to
connect the wood burning furnace in the shop. As usual everything I do
takes longer than it used to. I started moving it out of the house basement
about a week ago. I cleaned it out well and removed some bits to cut its
weight down like the cast iron doors etc. I rolled it out of the corner of
the woodshop on a furniture dolly and slipped the appliance dolly under it
and tightened the big strap. I grabbed both handles, put one foot on the
axle to pivot it back and lunged backward. I was saddened to see that I had
absolutely no effect on it at all...  I don't think the far end even got
any lighter...  :-)
I must have had son Scott help me put that down there. Scott wasn't around
so it was 2 days later when he got there and we gave it a tug. Dang! still
too heavy to pull up the outside basement stairs. He called a friend from
work to see if he could help and he could but not that day. Finally we all
got there at the same time and "they" moved it up the stairs. It was too
narrow for me to get to where I could help at all so I just worked the
doors and gave verbal encouragement. :-)
I swear it didn't weigh that much 6 years ago.
I now have almost enough "stuff" moved to set it where I want it. I have to
remount the blower and put the other stuff back together and connect the
vent. At that point I will have heat. Not enough for 20 below weather yet
since the old building is so well overly-ventilated, but it will be enough
in this weather we are having now and that they are predicting for here for
the next 15 days. I have some used plywood obtained free that I will start
nailing up to make it tighter. Its mostly 3/8" and 1/2" in partial sheets,
much of it 4'x5' and 4'x4'.

Portland question: Do they still allow golf carts as handicapped vehicles?
I could pick up a scooter thingy but Diana also needs handicapped access
due to the walking distances involved at Portland. The golf cart works well
for two people.
I can walk a smaller show with a good stick but that is about all my back
can manage and then I'm no good the next day.

We have an older mini-motorhome (ton dually chassis) should handle my
tandem trailer if I just put on a couple of smaller tractors. I'll try a
pic. It's old but serviceable.
I really hope to make it this year.

.

Francis Robinson