[AT] JD B machine shop work?

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 24 17:17:47 PST 2017

I have never heard of a shop that will remove pistons on a for hire
basis--unless they are breaking them intentionally. Just too much
liability. You should be able to get them out, might take a while but I
can't see why not.

Call a couple of older Deere dealerships and ask their shop foreman who
they recommend for machine shop work. If you completely strike out, let
me know. The guy that did all our engine machine work for the last 30
years just retired, he might know of someone. Also, I have a friend
that's been a Deere mechanic for 35 years and has worked on plenty of 2
cylinders, he may know of someone as well, but it will probably be
around Burlington or Greensboro.

John Hall