[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Dec 19 20:04:22 PST 2017

Hey Dean,

Not much is going on. It's been a busy holiday season. I did get the governor and throttle linkage adjusted according to the manual.   The governor linkage needed two more turns, but the throttle linkage was good.  I got the new manifold gasket and carb gasket installed.  All of this made very minimal improvement. So the problem clearly needs to be in the carburetor.  The carburetor appears to be clean as a whistle, so I suspect the previous owner rebuilt it recently. It just simply must not have cleaned good enough.   That is next on my to do list, but I suspect I won't be able to even start until next week.

The hay wagon likewise continues to languish :-(

PS:  I probably should have suspected the carb from the beginning, as I have always felt like the adjustments on the carburetor did not react as I expected.   For example, the load adjustment needle basically does nothing. Likewise, the idle mixture screw makes very little difference.

Spencer Yost