[AT] test- no messages in a week

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 15 06:46:37 PST 2017

On 12/15/2017 6:12 AM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Looks good Ralph; I did not follow cars much back then so need to ask,
> manual or AT?
> Sure like the good looking condition of your buildings, and those big doors
> on the one.
> Herb(GA)
Hi Herb. Mercury, like the rest of the Ford line, offered manual,
automatic , or manual with overdrive on their cars.
My 52 with automatic was kind of an unknown quantity when my dad bought
it in 1959 but the old Mercomatic
has stood up well. Now this new 53 I've got has the 3 speed manual. I
have dreams of driving that combination
some day but the old flathead V8 has sat for quite some time with the
heads and manifold removed and is seized solid
so it may take some time, effort, and money to get this one driving.