[AT] Dragged Home a F-12 and F-14 after a long absence

Ken Fedor deliriouskenny at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 18:22:07 PST 2017

Well, Hi All.

Its been a long time. I was immersed in the old tractor world like 15
years ago, but such like life, college (yes, I'm young) and such kinda
pushed it aside for a long time.

  I remember when this list was like the first real networking for us
in this hobby, back in the days of dial up and AOL email.   I've
continued to be a member of this list in the interim , but didn't have
any real active projects, though still used my restored 43 SC Case and
the 48 IH H around the farm.

Well, I guess I'm back in the picture again. I managed to drag home a
F-12 and F-14, at around scrap price.

The F-14 is kinda the regular old brown old looking F-14, but the F-12
is pretty good, it was repainted red in the late 40's when the steel
wheels were cut down, and it still wears that paint and decals, as its
been stored inside and didn't move for close to 50 years. It has an
interesting aura to it, like as it was a working run of the mill F-12
parked in the 60's -but stored inside all those years.

Engine is loose on the F-12, but near no compression - I suspect some
valves.  Engine was lightly stuck on the F-14, but came loose after a
good soak with fuel oil.  The 12 I'll be able to get to run for sure,
the 14, probably.

Likely the F-14 will be a parts machine for the F-12, but it almost a
shame. The block is good, never welded in that pesky usual spot, and
was still holding green antifreeze after 40 some years. If only I had
another junker 12 or 14 it could be easy to resurrect both...oops
slippery slope starting. But kinda always wanted a F-14 and the 12 is
way to good to kill to make a F-14.

Anyways, being out of this so long, I don't have many other contacts
in the old tractor world. No, I don't do Facebook, nor care to.  I am
familiar with Rice equipment and the Fordson house in the U.P. Not
real familiar with those in the hobby though that have stashed of 12
and 14 stuff since I've been out of it so long.

Ken