[AT] Going to get them.

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Aug 3 19:47:13 PDT 2017

Most were built between his retirement and death in 1985, though his
first was in the 1930s, and a couple others may have been earlier as
well. I don't know if anyone knows the exact years, but mid 1970 on.

The problem with my lights is on the truck end, it has happened before.
Google suggests that the switch fails that way sometimes in those years.
Easy fix, just throw 140 into a new one. Project for later.

I turned a lot of heads on the way. Most memorable was a family that
passed me and then stopped at the same rest area I did a few miles
later. As I was walking in they asked if they minded them looking. I
think their boy was most interested, he looked about seven. When we
finished they were still there so I went to check the chains (good idea
anyway). My son immediately climbed onto one seat and the boy followed
him while I chatted with the parents. They boys had to sit in all three
seats.

I left the tractors at the Marshalltown tractor show this weekend.
Saturday I will see if I can get any running. The smallest is most
likely to in my opinion, if there is spark and the varnish in the gas
tank isn't a problem anyway. The titan has a frozen water pump, so even
if it starts I won't be running it long (though that hit and miss engine
wasn't designed with a water pump or radiator so it should be okay if I
remove the belt and don't run long) the big one with the Wisconsin
engine has a dead battery so I have no idea what else it might need.

I'm home now, need to gather tools and do something to make my wife
happy tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that the guy I bought these from had a 4th. Somebody
from Oklahoma picked up a  crawler and his wife fell in love with it so
it went too.  This one was half done when he died. It is apparently
finished now. Some sort of railroad engine that can run either way
powers it. If anyone sees this tell the owner I want it. I can't afford
to be in a hurry, but if it goes for sale I'd like to know.

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com