[AT] Steering cylinder repair

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Aug 30 21:46:04 PDT 2017

Cecil

Cylinders with the piston in the center of the rod are used where designers want the movement and force to be the same when either end of the cylinder is pressured.

If I were designing a steering system I would want to use a cylinder like that so that so the steering wheel have the same number of turns from left to right, and have the same force when turning left as it does when turning right. Some hydraulic valve operators also use similar cylinders.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad