[AT] Steering cylinder repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Aug 30 21:03:32 PDT 2017

The TS110 money pit decided to spring a gusher of hydraulic fluid from
the steering cylinder this evening while moving hay.  The cylinder is
very different than any I have seen, and the leak is from the split in
the sleeve on the tie rod end.  It sure looks like the end of the
cylinder blew out into the long tube that is threaded to fit the tie rod
end.   After looking further, I guess the piston is in the center of the
rod and instead of  using a trunnion mount the cylinder uses the long
tube at tone end and the piston rod slides into the rod at one end.
Cecil