[AT] Off-topic: Bobcat hydraulic fluid

Rena Glover Goss rlgoss at twc.com
Sun Aug 27 06:06:33 PDT 2017

David brings up a very good point.  When I worked for a Case-IH dealership, hydro units would come in for service that were simply limping along, and appeared to be so worn that they needed to be rebuilt.  Often, simply changing the oil to the OEM brand was enough to cure any problems, but getting permission from the owner to put the more expensive product in the system was a stumbling block.  Having grown up in a money-conscious household where substitutes were the norm, I recognize the rationale that says, "It's almost the same as.....".  But there are times when you just don't do that.  I was in college before I found that Miracle Whip salad dressing is not the same as real mayo.

Larry