[AT] 9/16/2017 PA. auction

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Sat Aug 26 01:39:14 PDT 2017

Herb and Vaughn,

That one has been on my radar too. Have seen some recent Mecum Auctions of
restored iron on RFD-TV in which museum-quality tractors were as gorgeous as pricey.
Shirlee and I will be staying NE of Straudsburg the week of the
auction and it seems worth a drive down if it won’t be a problem getting
in without registering to bid. (Texas is a long way to $hip such toys).
The auction would kind of be on our way to Lancaster County, one of my
favorite places in the country. Takes me back at once to farm summers
over sixty way younger years ago - things like haying with horses and pitchforks
and folks' laundry colors swaying faintly in the breeze all up and down
the road. (Unmentionables were shielded discretely from passers-by with
walls of sheets….not that we ever looked for them of course.)

Chuck Bealke
Dallas. TX