[AT] 9/16/2017 PA. auction

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 15:57:20 PDT 2017

Mecum has an auction at Royersford, PA (The Back Forty Farm) on Sept 16, 2017; a huge collection (all colors) of mostly what looks to be restored tractors and some equipment.  Was not aware that New Holland mfged a self-propelled baler in 1956 (model #SP166), LOT S39.  The guy responsible for this collection has passed on.
My curiosity is LOT S78, an Allis G with front end loader and a one row planter (being sold as one item); the loader appears to be one of a kind, and considerably overdesigned.  No name appears in the photos.  I do not need another loader, but am interested in details (designer, builder, reason for building, was it ever used, etc) if anyone learns more about it.
You are correct, I have too much spare time today. Herb(GA)