[AT] Eco Diesel road trip

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:17:20 PDT 2017

Dennis, you might know this already, but there's a special tool for timing
the Bosch pump on the Cummins 12-valve, pre-electronic engines.  I work for
Central Tools.  Unfortunately we no longer make this tool; sales dried up
to zero quite some time ago, probably over a decade.  The tools can be
found; here's one on Ebay for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/central-tools-bosch-diesel-fuel-injector-timing-gage-6477/172713641007?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44730%26meid%3D243ec366627e463ba83949f671c47203%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D182589300887

If that long link doesn't work, just search for "Central Tools 6477"

I might have the procedure in one of my Motor manuals but I'm not near the
office right now to check.

SO