[AT] O.T. Woodruff vs straight keys

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Fri Aug 11 20:14:32 PDT 2017

I think there are 2 main reasons for woodruff keys
1 - these keys are contained from side to side so they cannot slip. You can also use other types of key ways that enclose the keys, but the most common is to cut keyway to the end of the shaft.
2 - the woodruff keys may take less material out of the shaft. This might weaken the shaft slightly less.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad