[Ford-ferguson] Spark plugs

Thomas Brickner sevenpointsix2 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:04:29 PDT 2017

He said that when he changed the plugs to champions it started right up and ran OK so the coil must be alright  but the heat range for the Autolite  plugs maybe wrong. Try a cooler plug and if that doesn't work try a hotter one. I'm thinking that maybe the plugs are too hot and they are burning out. Make sure the gap is set right also. Check the wires as well some times the carbon wires separate inside the insulation, will still pass a spark but not very strong and when they get hot it may get weaker. Switch to solid wire plug and coil wires. Also check under the plate in the rotor there is a wire there that sometimes get loose or damaged and can give you fits. Worth a shot.