[AT] Portable Trailer lights from Harbor Freight

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Aug 10 17:23:31 PDT 2017

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Interesting.  Looks like '03 was the first year Ford used CANBUS on the
> F-250, according to this site:
>
> http://www.auterraweb.com/aboutcan.html
>
> CAN is Controller Area Network.  These are as I described in my earlier
> post:  "CANBUS" is shorthand for a vehicle electrical system designed to
> use minimum high-current wiring to actually power the electrical loads, and
> doing all the switching with small low-current signals and semiconductor
> switches, with the signals carried on the network.
>
> SO

Yep, that is low speed CAN on that truck. BUT the lighting is pretty
much all directed through relays, especially for the towing harness.
The 4 pin piggybacks the wires for the 7 pin in the same harness.

If the 4 pin hasn't been used a lot they tend to corrode of just inside
the rear area where the pin sockets enter the rubber. Usually on the
ground pin (the bare one by itself).

--
Steve W.