[AT] Stationary engine cylinder oilers

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Aug 10 18:22:11 PDT 2017

I've been playing with my new tractors. New battery in the pearl and it
turns over, but the varnish in the tank is preventing gas from reaching
the carb. I'll never again wish engineers had to work on their cars, my
uncle did all the work on this tractor, but that didn't prevent him from
putting a zerk where the battery has to be removed to get grease in. The
battery is underneath in front of the rear axel and there is no room to
swing a wrench. I had to block the battery to one inch below installed,
connect the cables and then lift it the rest of the way to bolt it in.

Similar fuel problems with the John deere model (John deere e hit and
miss engine). I cleaned the check valve on the fuel line, but still no
fuel.

I have a new water pump in the titan, but I keep looking at the cylinder
oiler and thinking I bet something is wrong and no oil is getting to the
cylinder. Needless to say I'm not going to run it until I can figure out
how to adjust it. I've never worked with one before so I only have vague
ideas of how they work. Does anyone have advice on what to do look for?
Maybe which forum the experts in these things hang out on?

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com