[AT] Possible damage

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Apr 24 10:54:08 PDT 2017

Here is what I was taught when I was a teenager with the older Olivers with PTO clutches:

1- 1/4 to 1/3 throttle
2- Feather momentarily to start movement and minimize shock load and to  verify the load is not locked (i.e. plugged cutter example)
3 - Then just throw it all the way in.  Any additional feathering just wastes clutch discs

In reality this all happens nearly instantaneously.   As soon as I see/sense movement I push the PTO clutch lever all the way in.

Spencer Yost