[AT] Possible damage

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Mon Apr 24 08:19:43 PDT 2017

I've always been taught to engage the PTO lever, slowly with the engine
at low idle. Anything above that snaps the shear pin on my brush hog
almost instantly.  With regard to the mechanics being careful, they
probably are. If it's like anything with dealers around here, be it car
or tractor, mechanics don't do fluid changes, a service tech does, and
that only requires a minimum of education, probably a certificate. Like
anything else the more they do per day, the more they make.  With the
time I spend changing my own fluids, I could NEVER make any money doing
it, but I know what oil goes in, and how much.

Mike M