[AT] Caterpillar troubles...

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sun Apr 23 21:03:32 PDT 2017

Grant, as much as it pains me to say this, I would go with others on the
list and say to switch to electric start. I don't know for sure what is
being sold these days but make sure you stay away from any 24 volt
system. I love pony start engines, the way they sound and how they start
the main engine. My brother has a JD 70 pony start and I love being
around when he starts it. In his case this is not a working tractor
anymore but for showing or going to plow days. I also realize how much
trouble they can be at times. In your case, where you will be doing
actual work and will probably be starting it a lot plus not having to
deal with cold weather starts I believe electric start is the way to go.