[AT] Possible damage

Dick Day dickday0 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:03:53 PDT 2017

Greetings all.

Last Fall I took my 2004 Boomer to our local NH dealer and had them do a
bumper-to-bumper and to also change the hydraulic fluid.  It has sat 99% of
the time since. I had my 3-pt snow blower mounted but it just sat in the
barn, we never got enough snow to even use it.

I just took the blower off and put my 72" bush hog on and when I tried to
use it, the pto made a sound I have never heard before. Partially engaged,
it sounded normal. If I tried to fully engage it, it got very loud.  I shut
the pto off and headed for my shop.  I check the hydraulic fluid dipstick
and the fluid just barely touched the tip of the dipstick.

No puddles under the tractor.  Since I bought it new in '04, there has
never been a leak from this tractor.

Any chance I did some damage when I engaged the pto?

The dealer and I will visit tomorrow for sure.

Thanks