[AT] Caterpillar troubles...

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sat Apr 22 09:41:13 PDT 2017

Well, I got bad news yesterday when we pulled out the D8 starting motor.
The front main bearing insert got hot and seized when the water got into
the oil. So that means I need either new bearing inserts or a used pony
motor.
        The semi-local Caterpillar dealer says that these parts are no
longer stocked and good luck. I am hunting for them or a pony that will
fit this 1953 D8 13A tractor. I am informed that the D7 pony motors also
fit from the same era, but cannot confirm. It being Saturday handicaps
me a little on this search, but I am trying to jumpstart the search
because I need that tractor to push trees, soil and gravel to recover
the flood damagd fields.
      Anyone know where I can get what I need? I also posted on the
Antique Caterpillar Machinery Enthusiasts forum....
                Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of
vegetables, herbs, edible flowers, nuts and fruit.