[AT] Drill size for bolt tap question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Apr 16 18:30:44 PDT 2017

Mounting for a sickle mower sounds like what wobbled the holes out.
Those old mowers vibrated the entier machine.  I remember mowing with an
old IHC sickle mower that was supposed to mount to the Old tractors with
the drawbar that mounted at each wheel gearbox.  Dad took off the mower
drawbar and put lift pins in it, and we used it as a 2 point  hitch
behind a TO-35 Massey Ferguson, the grey one.  If you sat on it all day,
you were still vibrating when you went to bed.  It usually broke
something about 2 rounds before finishing the field.  Drive shafts and
pitmans were the usual casualty.  I remember my uncle, the cabinet maker
& carpenter, making spare pitmans out of leftover Ash from cabinets he
had torn out.   The ones he made lasted a lot longer than the IHC ones.

Cecil in OKla