[AT] Drill size for bolt tap question

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 16:27:49 PDT 2017

Charlie,  that is an important thing to think about.  I >>think<< the
holes are in the right place.  I'm going to do some measuring before I
start buying supplies.....There are remains of threads in the holes, I
think somebody stripped them out and got carried away trying to go to
a size bigger.

The holes correspond to the bolts that hold the fertilizer attachment
on a Super A, except they're on the other side.  Chances are nothing
will ever be attached there, but if I ever get a wild hair I want them
right.  The po said their uncle had some sort of sickle mower on it
and I think part of it mounted there.  Looks like they didn't keep
stuff tight......

By the way, the holes on the other side are also bad, but I think
they'll hold a 5/8" helicoil.

Al