[AT] Drill size for bolt tap question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Apr 14 09:46:43 PDT 2017

Al there is a product called Belzona (sp) that should work well.
It can actually be drilled and tapped
but generally it's only available to licensed applicators.
Or at least I think that is the way it used to be.

However, have you looked into Helicoils?  I'm not sure what sizes they
are available in but you might get lucky.

Is the rail you are going into steel or cast iron?  If it's steel you can
always
look at welding it up and re-drilling and tapping it to the proper size.
Just make sure you find a PRO welder to do the job.

Charlie