[AT] Was: You can't fix stupid-naming names-Now Parts

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 1 06:13:45 PDT 2017

Mike, that is part of the problem.  Too often these days
when you go in a NAPA or other chain parts store they tell you
"we can have it for you tomorrow out of our local warehouse".
Everyone has gotten into this "just in time" inventory control
method.  I don't blame them but often you can get stuff over night
on Amazon without leaving your house or shop.  A while back
I was looking at an online Gander Mountain ad.  (off topic I know but
it's an example)  They had a very good price on some 9mm ammo.
It was a Sunday afternoon when I placed the order.  I selected standard
shipping.  The NEXT DAY, Monday, the Fed Ex ground truck pulled up to
my house with the ammo.  Turns out Gander Mountain had recently bought
a distribution warehouse about 50 miles from me.

Charlie