[AT] Transporting a Massey Ferguson 135 across country

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:45:01 PDT 2016

Oh ok that makes sense.   Yes you want to look at hi cube containers.
The standard containers are 7'6 inside width.  There are also 45', 48' and
54' containers out there.  Shop around, you've got some time yet.   Actually
you might be able to buy a container and a container trailer and re-sell the
trailer when you get to your destination.  Then all you would need was
someone with a bob tailed road tractor.  You might even be able to trade the
trailer to the truck owner for the freight if the numbers work out.

DO NOT use a U-Haul truck.  Use Penske or anything but U-Haul.   U-Haul
tends to
buy cheap trucks and run them in the ground.  Penske buys nice stuff, runs
it for a couple of
years to get the depreciation and then re-sells them.

Charlie