[AT] OT Cadillac Northstar engine

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Sep 29 12:50:44 PDT 2016

I am sure some of you have some knowledge about the Northstar 4.6L 32V
engine.  My MIL dented in the entire passenger side of her 99 Deville
with 128000 miles.  I found a 989 for parts, but after inspection, it is
in better shape than hers and as 53000 less miles.   It is like new
inside and out.  However, it has the head gasket problem typical of
Northstar engines.  I would like to repair this car with the head bolt
kit made to solve the problem.  Has anyone done this?  A rebuilt engine
is $3600 shipping inc, or if I get the car to Pembquin ND, then they
will R&R the engine for the same price.
Any advice.  Personally I do not like cars, but this one really felt
good to my old broken back!!

Cecil in OKla