[AT] Weekend issues

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Sep 20 23:56:11 PDT 2016

Dennis Johnson wrote:
> Steve
>
> I did the same with a 2 X 4 on one that got a weak spot near a knot
> hole. It worked for a while but did not lay flat for transport. Maybe
> I need to change my pin retainer to something that will allow me to
> transport on edge and this will then work easily. One issue is that
> the deck sometimes catches the aluminum end piece when backing off
> and tries to pull the ramp off. This can get exciting
>
> Thanks Dennis

I used wood for a long time. Lately I've been using a set of
frankenramps. They are a set of CHEAP aluminum ramps (might even be from
HF, don't remember) They are VERY flimsy. So I took a nice clean 2X6 and
ripped the edges just enough that it would slide completely into the
ramp and extend it a couple feet as well. Added a few screws to marry
them together and they work real well. The wood reinforces the aluminum
and it in turn keeps the wood from deflecting.

--
Steve W.