[AT] 1st tractor/pressure washer

DDSS, Inc. ddss at telebeep.com
Tue Sep 20 20:41:24 PDT 2016

I have not worked on an old tractor for several years.  Back surgery in '09
pretty much ended that. I really miss the smell of stale gas and 50 year old
grease.  For a short time I looked into David Bradley, the walk behind
tractor. It just wasn't the same, so I sold the 2 that I had and gave up on
any sort of restorations.  I did keep my very first restoration, a '52 JD
60, see links below.  I started this one in March of 1996 and finished it
September of 1998.  I learned how to do body work, weld, paint and use a
cutting torch during this project.  Before this, I had never even changed
the oil in my cars.  I bought the owner's manual, service manual and parts
manual and just started reading and learning.  The folks at the local JD
dealership were great.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPcvYDYnwQ83qRBPVBg-Vh8nwAtyPZNiOw7l0ni

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPmIJ1VAN0XGQEJBkZA0pj1P41VMs_S4ZvcItUX

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOF5l_SgUyrvOOiNvpQhFMJtlKYaKsh_ASCzds4

Part of the restoration process was cleaning parts.  Lots of parts.   I
bought a pressure washer from the local Sears store 16 years ago and it was
a great washer.  I recently replaced the head gasket hoping that would
restore some of the lost compression.  Sadly, it did not and I was "forced"
to go buy a new one (yeah, my wife didn't buy the forced part either).

My wish list was...

electric start (or an engine that could have one added)

an engine that could be converted to LP

4000psi or greater

I did find some that I could have converted to LP but never did find one
that would support an electric starter.  I spent the better part of a week
searching and here is what will be delivered Thursday :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q5BZIIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?i
e=UTF8&psc=1

Once it arrives, I will begin the process of converting it to propane.

D. Day