[AT] EcoDiesel update

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Tue Sep 20 15:56:32 PDT 2016

One reason for my weekend frustration is that my EcoDiesel let me down few weeks ago. When I was doing test drive after DPF system "overhaul" I noticed loosing oil pressure at idle.
The issue is it spun 3 or 4 rod bearings at 111,000 miles. It did not break any rod bolts like some have been known to do. Have not found any reason they spun. Took a bit to get it scheduled in a shop, and then a week for extended warranty guy to go to shop to look at it. He finally showed up today.
Good news is that they will pay parts and labor to replace engine and leaking turbo. Would be great news if it was a new long lock and turbo, but the guy found a used one with 90,000 less miles on it, so I will not complain. He will even keep the warranty on the replacement as long as I keep paying monthly for it.
That means next trip to Oklahoma I can drive the 3 L instead of the 10 L

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone