[AT] MF 135 vineyard has chain lift arms?

Scott Williams swillia5 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 00:39:17 PDT 2016

My '72 MF 135 vineyard model has chain lift arms.  This means that there's
no "adjustable" arm to alter the level of an implement.  Any idea why this
is set up like this?

With the lower and narrower 12.4 x 24 inch tires of the vineyard model, the
link arms can drag on the ground.  I wondered if that's why the lift arms
are chain, so that the weight of the system doesn't push the link arms into
the ground.  The chain just allows them to drag along.  The previous owner
used it for pulling a sprayer tank with the drawbar, and had the link arms
tied up out of the way with a piece of chain, presumably to keep them from
dragging.

I just noticed that there are 2 chains on the right side, and one on the
left.  Doesn't look like a factory setup.

Scott in Penfield NY

---