[AT] Semi-OT Dixon ZTR mower front tires

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 05:57:16 PDT 2016

I use a lot of Green Slime in tires including the kind for tube type tires.
It serves me very well...
I don't like most sealers like Fix-a-flat because it makes such a hard to
remove mess in the tires. With the green slime if you do need to later work
on the tire all it takes a minute with a garden hose to quickly flush it
all out cleanly.
My biggest tire problem is on those little cheap crappy tires on garden
wagons, 2 wheel dollies etc. I have accumulated quite a herd of them since
I am not as able as I used to be and my badly arthritic back doesn't like
carrying stuff around much.
I have a large Garden-Way cart that I like a lot especially for a few
bales. Those big bicycle tires on a heavier wheel really roll easy. I just
bought a new pair of tires and tube for it this summer but don't have them
on it yet. The old ones are the originals from 1970 or so.
I have a "muck" cart from Rural King that holds those plastic tubs (and
many other things) that we use a lot. It works well for a few bags of feed,
2 bales or a salt block. 50 pounds weighs more than it used to...  :-)
We have a regular appliance dolly that we also got around 1970 that has
often been a life-saver in moving all manner of stuff.
I get used to using them and get ticked off when I want to use one and it
has a flat. Green-slime works well...
A few of them have solid tires of one kind or another including some on
cast iron. Those rarely go flat.  :-)

farmer