[AT] John Deere 140 Lawn Mower Parts

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Thu Sep 15 15:14:42 PDT 2016

LeRoy

I have a few older Deere mowers. (7 between me, my son, and a church)

First thing to check is if is the clutch or wiring. I connect a hot lead to the wire going to the clutch and see if you hear or feel it engage.
If it engages with a hot jumper wire then you have a wiring issue.
Assuming it does not engage with this then it is a bad clutch. I think you need some sort of puller to remove it. They are a pain to remove as I recall, and also pricy.

Good Luck
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone