[AT] staying hydrated on an antique tractor

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Sep 13 22:33:34 PDT 2016

This is OT  I am sure, but us old tractor guys gotta stay hydrated, and
I found something that works great.   A friend of mine bought me a 30oz
Yeti Tumbler.  This cup will keep ice in water for nearly 8 hours while
sitting in a closed pickup in Oklahoma heat..  They are not cheap, $30
to $40 depending on where you go.   They also make a 60oz jug that works
just like the tumbler and the cooler.  ( I think the cooler is over
rated, but if you put your ice in a zip lock bag, it will keep 3 times
longer than loose ice. )    That Jug is $90 at he local hardware store.
Way too much for a water jug.
But.................    Hang on here folks, I found a copy of the YETI
probably from the same factory too,  It is called Rtic (pronounced
Arctic) and it is a lot cheaper.  That 60oz jug is only $29 if you order
$35 or more shipping is free.   Just have to go to the Rtic web site.
Do a google search for Rtic.   You may think that $30for a 1/2 gallon
jug is too steep, but if you experience how it keeps cold, and is
stainless and can get kicked around dropped, run over by the 4 wheeler,
and still keeps drinks cold or hot,  I think you will agree that it is
worth the extra.   Really the last jug you will buy to carry on the
tractor.    If you still think it is too much to pay, just show it to
your wife and remark how nice it woudl be to have a cold drink last all
day and you would not have to drag all that grease in on her kitchen
floor when you came in for ice..  !!    One might show up under the
Christmas tree. https://www.*rticcoolers*.com