[AT] One-way cylinder

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 15:53:37 PDT 2016

I have an IH disk that has 2 hoses, but if you use a two-way cylinder with the depth limit pin, it will break things when the cylinder retracts.  Both my Massey Fergusons have a screw to switch the control for 1-way cylinders. My newer one doesn't have float in either position, so I have to hold the lever like you mentioned.
The reason the cylinder has 2 hoses is that it leaks, the second hose is just for fluid recovery :-)
I think I'll try using the raise side and a 1-way cylinder, it may be time to retire old leaky :-)
We made 1-way cyls out of 1-way by drilling a 1/2" hole in a pipe plug, putting a cotter key it the hole and plugging which ever hole on the 2-way we didn't need.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com