[AT] no exhaust gasket?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:34:34 PDT 2016

That silicone is good to 700 deg. F INTERMITTENT.
Cast iron glows red visible to the eye in the dark at 750 deg. F.
I've seen a lot of tractor exhaust manifolds glow red visible in
daylight when working hard (900 deg. F or thereabouts)

A flat file run across the surfaces (lay the file flat on the surface and
slide it)
will find the irregular spots.  It's easy to tell from appearance when they
are
gone. The file leaves enough profile to allow the two surfaces to crush
together.
That's why I suggested the file.  The sealant, in my opinion, is a temporary
fix at best
and probably a waste of money.

John is a machinist,  I'm pretty sure he knew what I meant.

Charlie