[AT] no exhaust gasket?

Ivan ivancou at atlanticbb.net
Sun Sep 4 06:27:05 PDT 2016

John,
  I have seen several vehicles that use no gasket in the exhaust in
various places.   A couple months ago the owner of our local NAPA shared
with me that he had the manifolds on his fathers motor home surfaced and
put together without gaskets ,this after going thru several sets in a
few years time . He claimed he was told this by an old timer ,and it
worked on his engine also . Some  Y pipes dont use a gasket either ,my
van for one .  I have been able to buy metal reinforced exhaust gasket
at the Portland show in past years .  I would try it without as long as
both surfaces are flat . Ivan