[AT] JD B tappet oiling

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 12:51:44 PDT 2016

That tube to the valve cover is not a ventilation tube. The oil that lubricates the rocker arms is caught in a trough on the inside of the governor housing, flows through that tube and into the top of the valve cover. Inside the valve cover is another trough with 4 holes in it that drips oil onto the rocker arms and valve stems. Then like Cecil says, it returns through a passage at the bottom of the head and block.
Brian