[AT] rear rim repair

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Fri Oct 21 10:15:21 PDT 2016

I have never fixed a rim but have some rust on most of my tractors due
to leakage. The loader tractor I bought last spring had nothing in the
tires and as a result I could do nothing; I think the previous owner had
weight on the three point. I checked things out at my local tire shop
and decided to load the tires with what we call beet juice. It is a
byproduct of sugar beet production and am told it's weight is close to
chloride but it is non-corrosive. It is however very sticky  as last
year my brother went to put air in not knowing the main stem was loose.
The stem came out and before he could do anything, the tire was down on
the rim. He didn't have to worry about corrosion but it took him 5 hours
to clean up the shop floor plus a trip by the tire shop to fix the valve
and put in more beet juice. Despite this I am thinking beet juice is the
way to go. When I got my JD 4255 one tire was leaking. Because it was
front wheel assist and had 500 pound weights inside each rim I decided I
didn't need weight in the tires so I had the chloride removed and
everything washed off and new clean tubes installed. I have not had a
problem since.
         Greg Hass