[AT] rear rim repair

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:04:06 PDT 2016

I welded up one on a Case 430 28" rear about 15 years ago. I ended up putting a 3"x3" patch in that I formed out of some scrap 1/8" sheet steel. Sand blasted all around back to clean metal and mig welded the patch in and then redrilled the hole for the tube. That one is still in service but now has used antifreeze instead of calcium. We gave up some weight but it doesn't eat the rims (if it ever leaks - hasn't yet).