[AT] still on the job

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 18:08:21 PDT 2016

Tyler all I can tell you is we ran the crap out of every piece of
machinery we had, but when the field work was done and it was time to
service equipment, all needed repairs were made and almost always OEM
parts were used. There is no telling what all has been fixed on this M.
I'm certain it has had a couple clutches, I think some rear end work,
The engine has been rebuilt a time or 2--it needs it now but buying oil
is a LOT cheaper as I think it would need piston and sleeves as well as
a complete head rebuild. It probably only saw 15-20 years of hard labor
before it got a life of ease spraying liquid nitrogen on wheat and
pulling a 4 row corn planter. (occasionaly we used it to roll soybeans).
Since 91 it has had a fairly easy life as our farming operation is less
than 10% of what it was in the late 80's. One other thing we always did
was to keep everything under a shed unless it was in the field. And no
12 volt conversion, it is still 6 volt with a magneto. I just put in a
new battery this spring. It doesn't turn over real fast but the mag is
hot and it cranks easily and reliably. The kerosene manifold was long
ago burnt up and replaced with a gas version,  also the small gas
starting tank was removed along with the radiator shutters (I think it
had them). The original seat may be here still, I remember the Joy-Rider
seat being bought in the early 70's.

John