[AT] ping....

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:57:15 PDT 2016

Mattias, the US Geological Survey agency has monitors on many streams here.
At one monitor station about 15 miles up the river from me the gauge
indicated
that the river was flowing 32,200 cubic feet per second for over 60 hours
before
the gauge got flooded and stopped working.  That was about a weak ago and
the river is still about 20 feet above flood stage.  Now consider that the
highest
point of land in this county is about 40 feet and that is saying something!
Since the
reading was constant at 32,200 for so long I'm assuming that is the maximum
the
gauge was capable of recording because the river level was rising throughout
that 60 hour
period.

I hope all is well in Sweden?

Charlie